Monday, April 19, 2010

The Buddy System



I once read an article that said your friends can make you fat, which is true, if your friends are ordering a burger and fries, you start thinking well if they are having one I guess I can have one too...What I have recently realized is that your friends can also make you skinny! Having friends who are also fitness oriented is really inspiring, not only does it make working out more fun and even a social experience, but it also makes you watch what you eat.

Since I signed up for the gym in Jan. five of my friends have joined me and it has made working out a much better experience. If there is a class you are afraid to try because you are affraid you are way too uncoordinated and will look dumb ( STEP), bring a friend and at least you can be silly together. In addition, having a work out buddy pushes you to work out more, if your friend is going to the gym and you don't there is an automatic sense of guilt..if she is going I should go too.

In terms of eating, having healthy meals with my amigos has been a big part of my social life. Everyone brings some ingredients and we make a delicious and nutricious meal that we can be proud of ourselves for eating.

One additional fun activity to do with a buddy was recently suggested to me by my friend Alex, to send a picture of someone you want to look like to your buddy everyday. Not only does it inspire you but it is fun too.

No comments:

Post a Comment